K.U. Leuven Faculty of Science
Masters (MS) Degree
Deadline: 15 Feb 2018 (annual)
Study in: Belgium
Next course starts September 2018
The Science@Leuven Scholarships are for motivated and talented international students who are interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven.
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium
Level/Fields of study:
• Master of Astronomy and Astrophysics
• Master of Biology
• Master of Biophysics, Biochemistry and Biotechnology
• Master of Chemistry
• Master of Geography
• Master of Mathematics
• Master of Physics
• Master of Statistics
• Interuniversity Master of Geology (only students applying for the specialisation Geodynamics and Georesources or Surface processes and Paleoenvironments can apply for the scholarship)
• Erasmus Mundus Master of Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling
• Erasmus Mundus Master Sustainable and Territorial Development
Number of Awards:
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
For two-year Master’s programmes, the scholarship for the second master year will be only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results the first master year.
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
• the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
• the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
• the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
• the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
• the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English*,
• the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
• the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
*Applicants who are non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of English language proficiency.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS
Applicants have to apply for the Master programme of their choice through the application form of the KU Leuven then, applicants need to register on the website of the scholarship.
Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before the 15th of February will be considered for the scholarship.
It is important to read the scholarship application page and visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://wet.kuleuven.be/english/scienceatleuvenscholarship